The Rise Of VR Industry And Oculus Quest 2 Shine The Most!
Oculus Quest 2 Is Already Number 2 On Steam And Sold More Than 1 Million VR Headsets!
The highly recognized firm SuperData has just released their latest report on the VR Industry with the first considerable sales figures of the Oculus Quest 2.
A few days ago, Mark Zuckerberg declared that the Oculus Quest 2 was in the process of becoming the Number 1 consumer virtual reality headset.
And He also claimed that the Quest 2 is well on its way to the mainstream and this is now also proven by statistics on Steam. Even so, the statement from the Facebook boss is hardly surprising when you see the popularity of Quest 2 on the internet, social networks and stores where it has been repeatedly selling out.
So far, Quest 1 and Quest 2 were counted as a single VR headset. This month, the two headsets will be viewed separately for the first time.
“Oculus Quest 2 On The Rise!”
Steam’s current statistics for January 2021 show that more people than ever before used virtual reality in the last month. In total, the platform counted 2.6 million VR Army Soldiers in one month.
A large part of these 2.6 million is accounted for by Facebook or Oculus.
- The Oculus Rift S was used by 23.36% of gamers.
- The Oculus Quest 2 by 17.4%, Although the headset have only been in the market for a few months.
- The Valve Index took 3rd place with 15.83% And
- 4th place went to the HTC Vive in January with 14.06%.
- The Oculus Quest 1 is still used by 7.67% of all users.
The “RISE” Of Oculus Quest 2
To find out where sales of the Quest 2 are, you have to look at the SuperData site. The analyst firm has indeed published the sales volumes of the standalone device alongside the PSVR, the Valve Index and the Oculus Rift.
The figures correspond to the period of the fourth quarter of 2020 and are actually only an estimate. The conclusion is however clear concerning the Oculus Quest 2 which records according to the report more than a million units sold!
Naturally, sales of the Sony VR headset remain higher than the Valve Index, which is sold almost three times more expensive. Nevertheless, Valve have still managed to sell 6,000 units more than the Oculus Rift S.
Remember that the best-selling VR headset is still the PSVR which has sold 5 million units to this day.
However, Sony announced it had passed the first million in June 2017, eight months after its launch. In comparison, Facebook seems to have only needed four months to do the same!
Facebook seems to have a great success with the Oculus Quest 2 and the company has already proudly published the income from VR studios that sell their software on the Quest platform.
So what’s your opinion related to the rise of Oculus Quest 2 and VR Industry in general. We would love to hear your opinions. You can tag and follow us on our Social Media Handles which you can see in the Top Right Corner and tell us. Until Then Stay Strong VR Army!
Read More News and Articles on VR Marvelites :
- Best PSVR Rhythm Games To Enjoy The EPIC Beats | PSVR Music Games
- Top 11 Scariest PSVR Horror Games | PlayStation VR Horror Games
- 9 Ultimate Tips on How to Prevent Motion Sickness in VR Forever!
- Synth Riders “Spin Mode” adds 90, 180, and 360 degrees of movement in every song
- Does SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE have VR Support?
- Best Multiplayer Sports VR Games for Rift S, Index, Vive, Quest | VR Sports
- Best Oculus Quest Fitness / Workout Games to Get Your Dream Body
- Top 13 Best VR Fitness Games for a Mix of Fun and Burn | VR Fitness